About the Job
We are looking for motivated Structural Designers/Draftsmen to work for a young, energetic, fast-growing engineering consulting firm located in the Houston Metro area. The position requires creativity, ingenuity and a collaborative spirit as the successful candidate would be working closely with owners, architects, contractors, and other consultants being responsible for projects from inception through completion. Excellent opportunities for professional growth and firm advancement.
- Research and obtain standards and codes required by client to develop plans of commercial, public, educational and institutional building facilities.
- Producing plans and details of buildings and building components including steel, concrete, masonry, wood, and light gage metal framing.
- Take direction from engineers and executives to research drawings, catalogs, and sketches to develop detailed dimensioned Revit drawings.
- Develop accurate layouts, assembly drawings and details, and organized and cohesive construction documents.
- Maintain strong communication and client relations
- Provide construction administration including construction site visits and inspections.
- Perform work in line with project schedules and budgets.
- Review engineering drawings prior to release.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2-year Associates’ Degree preferred.
- Production proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including Technical Specification writing skills..
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, demonstrated initiative and attention to completeness, accuracy and detail.
- PC skills in Excel & Word.
Due to the nature of our work US citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
Please e-mail cover letter outlining salary requirements along with resume.
No Recruiters Please