About the Job
We are looking for motivated Structural Engineers to work for a young, energetic, fast-growing engineering consulting firm located in the Houston Metro area. The position requires creativity, ingenuity and a collaborative spirit as the successful candidate would be working closely with owners, architects, contractors, and other consultants being responsible for projects from inception through completion. Excellent opportunities for professional growth and firm advancement.
- Work as a team member in the conceptual and detailed layout and design development of commercial, public, educational and institutional building facilities.
- Perform structural analysis of buildings and building components including steel, concrete, masonry, wood, and light gage metal framing
- Maintain strong communication and client relations
- Work alone and with CAD designers to produce organized and cohesive specifications and construction documents. Review and approve shop drawings.
- Provide on-site engineering support during building construction including:
- Review of contractor work for compliance with engineering drawings and specifications
- Review of shop drawings
- Response & guidance to contractor questions & RFI’s
- Coordination of field engineering changes
- Determine cause of structural failures, damage, and defects through site investigations
- Provide reports detailing investigations and assessment of structural integrity of buildings
- Perform work in line with project schedules and budgets.
The successful candidate will have:
- BS or MS (preferred) in Architectural, Civil, or Structural Engineering.
- 3 to 10 years of applicable design experience.
- Strong background in Structural Engineering with a working knowledge of Architectural details.
- Experience with FEM modeling using RAM Elements, RAM Structural System, RISA, SAFE, ETABS or similar structural analysis and design programs.
- Familiarity with national building codes and design codes including IBC, AISC, and ACI.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including Technical Specification writing skills.
- Production proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated ability to meet budgets and schedules.
- PC skills in Excel & Word.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, demonstrated initiative and attention to completeness, accuracy and detail.
Additional desired skills include:
- Licensed Professional Engineer
Due to the nature of our work US citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
Please e-mail cover letter outlining salary requirements along with resume.
No Recruiters Please